World Customer Service Week 2013

While I am of the opinion that the CUSTOMER should be recognized and celebrated everyday and not just one week in a year, the annual Customer Service Week offers an opportunity for individuals and businesses to STOP and REFLECT.

Am I or are we going in the right direction in spite of the race to win? There is a general trend to win at all costs, to meet targets, to make money etc. These goals, while not inappropriate often pushes the most important variable in attaining same goals to the background.

A business has only two purposes in my opinion, to make a customer and to keep the customer. Customer Service is the way to ensure that these two objectives are met. What then is Customer Service?

“Customer Service is more than a smiling pleasant face, thank you, warm greetings, cozy offices, quick or even efficient service. Customer Service is an experience. It is the experience that the customer has when in contact with your service” – Olusoji Oyawoye

You may be working very hard to provide customer service, but doing the wrong thing better is bad. So also is doing the right thing wrongly.

While RIL and I continue to seek ways to serve you better, I seize this opportunity to appreciate RIL clients, without whom we would not have a business, my wife of inestimable value and family for providing me with the enabling environment to be of service to others, and my RIL family in Nigeria and Ghana for consistently easing business burdens with believe.

So this week and beyond, join me in a pledge to all customers highlighted above of our commitment to customer satisfaction.

Think Service | Think RIL.



Comments

Popular Posts