This week, I Choose Thanksgiving!

An adaptation of Lighthouse Nigeria’s  #TodayIChooseThanksgiving:

Have you been going through some difficult times lately? Have you prayed but they’re still there?


Have you told yourself to keep on going and it would some day disappear - but it gets deeper?

Then why not try THANKSGIVING?

Here’s my own Thanksgiving list:-
  1. I thank God for your subscribing to my blog, and clicking on the blue button to read this. 
  2. I thank God for my virtuous wife Olabisi Soji-Oyawoye.
  3. I thank God for Blessing ‘Bisi and I with two of His awesome children.  
  4. I thank God for the state of my health relative to my age.
  5. I thank Him for equipping and providing work for me, in spite of weak grades and poor self esteem in the earlier parts of my life. 
  6. I thank God that I speak and write and people listen and read. 
  7. I thank God for those who pushed me, pulled me, drained me or fueled me. I thank Him for those who stood by my side, loved me or hated me, left me, helped me or hurt me because they all contributed to my growth. 
  8. I thank God for putting the devil to shame everyday in my life and living. 
  9. I thank Him for not giving up on me, when many did or have. 
  10. I thank God for my nation Nigeria, for His mercies and my conviction that all will still be well before the end of this year. 

By the way, Thanksgiving is not an option. We are to "give thanks in all circumstances BECAUSE this is God’s will for us.” And our lives change, when we give thanks to God.

In the video below is actress and multiple acclaimed award winning movie star, filmmaker and humanitarian Angelina Jolie on Thanksgiving. I urge you to watch it.


Comments

Popular Posts