Today I choose to pray - Sample Prayers


This is a collection of prayers, which have been collected from different sources. It is intended to help individuals in their prayers. The prayers cover Finance, Business, Family, Children and Nigeria. I hope that this collection will help you or someone’s prayer life as you share with them.

Thanking God
  • We thank you that out of the darkness and failures that beset us, we have learned more in the darkness than in the light, and we have been pressed nearer to You by moments of unhappiness and pain than by hours of well-being.
  • Teach us to accept the need to humble ourselves, to be patient and disciplined, to suffer without self-pity and despair and gloom, remembering that suffering passes, but what is learned through suffering is treasured for more.
  • We remember before You our family, all our friends and relatives, far and near. Grant us all love for each other, peace of mind and health of body, for the glory of Your name. Amen.

Prayers for Finances
“… Yet, you do not have because you do not ask. You ask ands do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures – “ -James 4:2b-3

Because the Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want …
  1. Oh God, as stated in your Word in Psalm 23, provide for me all I need in Jesus Name.
  2. You devourers and wasters of fortune, I command you to depart from my life in the name of Jesus.
  3. Lord, give unto me Godly counsel, knowledge and wisdom for managing my finances.
  4. Father anoint me with the ability to make wealth. So that the covenant with my father Abraham will manifest in me.
  5. Teach my hand the way to profit and my legs the path to follow for prosperity oh God.
  6. Oh God You who gives seed to the sower, please give me the seeds that are relevant to my businesses and job In Jesus Name. Amen
  7. s you remembered Sarah and  Hannah and many others in scripture and you opened there womb, father remember me today and open me up to be fruitful in all areas in Jesus Name
Prayers for Business
Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.” - Proverbs 16:3

The most important thing we can do for our business is to pray daily.
  1. Oh God, where I have denied workers or subordinates or anyone their rightful wages or acted wickedly to people that report or work with me, please have mercy and forgive me. 
  2. Oh God You have given us all talents that we can sell. Please increase and enhance my talent and skills to earn a living and to drive my business.
  3. Almighty Father, cause a hunger or request for my goods and services in Jesus’ name.
  4. Lord, open new doors and provide new markets for my goods and services.
  5. Oh God let people seek us out for solutions that you have equipped us to deliver in Jesus Name  
  6. Oh God, enable me to put in my best in my work so that I may eat the fruit of my labour in Jesus Name. 
  7. Father at the Cross you declared that "It Is Finished". Whatever is still manifesting negatively in my business that you ended at the Cross remember me today and remove them in Jesus Name
Prayers for Family
But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children—” - Psalm 103:17
  1. Every act on my family line that could scuttle your answers to my prayers Father have mercy and cleanse today in Jesus Name.
  2. Father, everything that stands in the way of my family's prayers I dethrone and enthrone You In Jesus Name. Amen
  3. I thank you God for Your mercies, grace, power and protection upon my family.
  4. I will be happy. I will be hopeful. I will not be put to shame In Jesus Name.
  5. I pray that the purpose of God for my family will be fully realised.
  6. Father please take away sicknesses and illness from family In Jesus Name. Amen
  7. Father just as you remembered Joseph and moved him from prison to the throne, father break protocol and give jobs and businesses to all in my family that are seeking for jobs and businesses in Jesus Name
Prayers for Children
So they shall put My name on the children of Israel, and I will bless them.” - Numbers 6:27
  1. I pray that the anointing and the power to be supremely blessed be placed upon my children.
  2. Everywhere my children go, somebody will rise up on their behalf, help will always arise for them.
  3. I pray that my children will be excluded from rape, from jail, from kidnap, from abduction, from drugs and from every evil  culture in the world.
  4. My children shall not be wasted; I shall not bury my children In Jesus Name. Amen
  5. Concerning my children  I shall not be represented on my day of joy because I will be there myself In Jesus Name. Amen
  6. My children will not suffer evil or suffer from other people’s mistakes in Jesus name.
  7. Father you have the compass of my children’s lives in your hand, please direct and take over the affairs of my children in Jesus Name
Prayer for Nigeria
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.” 1 Tim. 2:1-2
  1. I thank God for His favor and compassion on Nigeria. I thank Him for preserving us as a nation in spite of numerous crises and challenges.
  2. The Bible says righteousness exalts a nation. I pray that God will enthrone righteousness in the leadership and governance of Nigeria at all levels.
  3. Oh God, bring down and destroy totally every corruption, injustice and wickedness in high places in Jesus Mighty Name. 
  4. Oh God grant our leaders wisdom and courgae in the utilization of the nations resources for the common good in Jesus Name. 
  5. I proclaim blessings over Nigeria. From the East to the West, from the North to the South. 
  6. I pray that God will confront the crafty (in and around the corridors of power) in their schemes and cause confusion in their midst such that their hands will not be able to perform their wicked enterprise concerning Nigeria.
  7. I pray that God will keep our President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR and his Vice Prof. Yemi Osinbajo from evil and keep evil away from them. 

Dear God, please help us to go forward with a real sense of forgiveness and with a trust in your mercy, and Your power to use even our regretted mistakes and forgiven sins as qualifications to help others.

Lord, let our future days be tribute to praise You. Let us not even if we are tempted to feel that our powers are insignificant, despair of being used by You.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts